Portuguese Speaking Community Book Club
Bem-Vindos! Come along to a new session for Portuguese speakers, people interested in the Portuguese language and those interested the culture of the Portuguese speaking countries that like to read or want to exchange impressions about books and authors of the Portuguese language.
At each meeting a book / author of a Portuguese speaking country previously chosen will be considered, with occasional guest writers and facilitators. Participants are invited to collaborate in the choice of book / author to be discussed. All members can make suggestions about the book to be read, followed by an open discussion.
The group aims to
- Foment coexistence and discussion among Portuguese speakers in Manchester.
- encourage critical thinking, personal and social developm
- Promote cultural exchanges and strengthen the ties between members of the Portuguese-speaking Community
- Promote Portuguese speaking countries culture
- Reinforce cultural belonging and languages knowledge
Places are free but must be booked as room is restricted to 14 places.
Bookings can be made by private message to the facebook page:
Further sessions this year: